2. ASO Christmas Lounge - Friday 8th & Saturday 9th December.
3. Add - Onions - Wednesday December 13th.
4. Catherine Lambert Quartet - Thursday December 14th.
5. Acujazz - Wednesday December 20th.
6. The Boss Trio - Tuesdays.
7. Mike Bevan & Alain Valodze - guitars - Thursdays.
1. Wednesday 6 December, from 8.00pm The Black Note Jazz Club presents: A night of gentle Bossa Nova, a tribute to: STAN GETZ Stan Getz had one of the most beautiful sounds in jazz. Ralph Franke and John Paley pay tribute to the master melodist with a night of gentle bossa nova and standards that Mr. Getz recorded.
performing: RALPH FRANKE - Tenor, Soprano, Baritone and Straight Alto Saxophone and JOHN PALEY - keyboards
Ralph, grew up in Adelaide, moved to Melbourne in 1984 and then to Sydney in 1985
to join legendary Adelaide-bred funk/blues band Fat Time and quickly established himself on the Sydney scene as a first call soloist for recording and live dates.
Indeed his resume reads like a whoâ€™s who of the Australian music industry of the last 25 years.
Ralph has performed nationally at the Manly International Jazz Festival, the Darling Harbour Jazz Festival,
Jazz in the Vines (Hunter Valley Jazz Festival), Jazz at Vaucluse House, the Brisbane River Jazz Festival and the Thredbo Jazz Festival. He has also performed in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, The Channel Islands, The Maldives, Germany and Holland. John has continued to hone his craft in Adelaide playing most of the cityâ€™s night spots through the years and has toured with international artists such as the Platters and The Drifters as well as working in Malaysia and Indonesia.
at MAXIM'S COFFEE & WINE BAR
194 The Parade, upstairs opposite the Norwood Town Hall
In cozy ambience of a night club
With superb sound in an intimate setting
Light Supper and Full Bar at Special Price
All for your enjoyment
Door opens 5.30pm live show start from 8pm
Entry: $12/$10 Conc./$8 Musicians
For further information 'phone Yacek: 8364 5885, 0409 698 959
or check: www.adelaidejazz.com
(2) ASO Christmas Lounge
The Adelaide Symphony Orchestra team with Janet Seidel (vocals) and E-Type Jazz to perform 2 festive concerts at the Adelaide Festival Theatre. They will be joined by maestro Tommy Tycho on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th December. Book through BASS 131 246
(3)Wednesday December 13 - ADD -ONIONS - feat. Schmoe - saxophone. by popular demand ( - Maxim's - See above)
(4) Thursday December 14 - One -off Show: Catherine Lambert and her Quartet (- Maxim's - See above.)
(5) Wednesday December 20 - Christmas Show by Takashi - Acujazz (Maxim's - See above.)
(6) The Boss Trio plays at the Banque (North Adelaide) from 7.30pm to 11.30pm. - Tuesdays.
(7) Alain Valodze and Mike Bevan play Brazilian guitar music and jazz every
Thursday at the brand new BLUE NOTE JAZZ BAR
LEVEL ONE ABOVE ORGANIC REAL FOOD 280 RUNDLE EAST (Opposite Universal Wine Bar )
8.00pm till 10pm. Entry free. Organic food & drinks on sale.